A very nice desktop application for feeds from twitter and facebook, don’t use the one packed with Ubuntu 9.04 and use the one from the PPA instead:
To download the new version :
- open synaptic package manager
- go to Settings -> Repositories
- on the Third-party Software tab, click add and add this line :
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/gwibber-team/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
- and then save this key and import it from Authentication tab to authorize it.
- after that reload synaptic package manager, and then search for Gwibber. Now it has the 0.9.2 version
After installation process add Facebook account in Gwibber by :
- Account -> Create -> Facebook
- you’ll have to Authorize Gwibber to use your Facebook account,
- just follow the three easy steps and you’re in.
Gwibber can also handle Twitter, account creation is very easy.